Saturday, September 30, 2006


Bye Bike!


Well this is a week late so shoot me. After a very tedious motorway-based ride down from Edinburgh to London last week and a couple of good piss ups, we took the bikes to Ideal Forwarding in Essex on Monday. For someone used to Scottish traffic, the London stuff was something else, apparently a moped rider dies every day in London and I can see why. Riding a lardy GS through that lot with even wider metal boxes certainly makes for an entertaining ride. In fact there's nothing quite like several 'near-death experiences' to keep you on your toes.

So after taking off my screen and lowering the handlebars, and virtually no paperwork we left the bikes and our hard luggage to be crated up by people who seem to know what they're doing. They are due to sail on 5 October and all going well, should arrive in Buenos Aires 19 days later, roughly when we do.

I still haven't got a tenant to rent my flat but with just over three weeks to go, I'm quietly confident it will sort itself out any day now... so no pressure then.

No comments: