Thursday, November 16, 2006

Friday 10th November
I got my new tyre though it ended up costing 530 pesos for a Pirelli MT60. I had been told that getting tyres for my bike would be a problem but it doesn't appear to be the case. I've ordered a pair of tyres anyway from Dakar to be delivered to Rio Gallgos next week so am a little peeved at having to spend this much on another tyre but hey, that's life and there's no point in worrying about it.

We stopped in one of the Welsh villages, Gaiman, but everything seemed shut. We were told by someone that there was a place there where this guy made lots of things out of old coke cans so with nothing better to do, we took a look. I must say, I wasn't overly impressed at the array of bizzare objects, one of which was supposed to look like the Taj Mahal, which had obviously taken years of this guys life to make but if that's your bag, who am I to say it's a bit shit. My favorites were the funny looking doll things that reminded me of Milky Joe out of the Mighty Boosh.

After a pretty dull, long straight ride along our favorite Routa tres, we free camped just back from the road so as not to be too visible to any passing psychopaths.

No comments: